Monday 23 May 2011

OPI Pirates of the Caribbean On Stranger Tides Collection

Pin It
Yay! It has finally arrived! Six cremes for Autumn (for us and I guess Spring for the US, which makes sense when you see these pastel-y colours)I have gotten my hands on OPI Stranger Tides - the green/grey color of this new collection (my amazing mum bought it for me in Australia 2 weeks ago). Sadly, I haven't swatched it yet but here are some promo pics for you:


OPI also released a new shatter -silver and glittery - to coincide with the collection. Here's what it looks like over some of the cremes
I found the black shatter pretty hard to work with. I got ok results once or twice but now its gotten too thick and either applies way too brush stroke-y or it doesn't shatter at all :( All the bloggers have been saying how much better this shatter is though, it's thinner and has a better application so if it appeals to you I say go for it.

The above colours run fairly true to the pictures (well from the swatches I've seen online and my personal experience with Stranger Tides they do). Mermaid's Tears typically is a bit of a sell out but it is apparently a dupe for Orly Ancient Jade (of the Precious Collection) that which is in stores now too. Ancient Jade is also more pigmented then Mermaid's Tears so if you can handle the thin Orly brush go for it!

I really want Planks A Lot ( a pretty dusky light/medium purple) and Sparrow Me the Drama (dusky pink creme), but I don't LOVE LOVE the formula, to be fair it's pretty good but all pastel cremes have an annoying streaky/thick application in my opinion, though I'm sure a qualified manicurist could make it work a lot better than me. And it doesn't stop me from buying them every single time. I just hope my skills get better.

Skull and Glossbones is a dirty pale grey creme which I like but I don't need right now because it's fairly similar to essie Playa del Platinum, which I already have, (plus I suit warm/neutral colours and its a bit too cold for me and my mum keeps tut-tutting at all the amaze-balls colours I wear that don't suit me...). But this is what it looks like:
Lastly, Steady As She Rose looks pretty but I'm not that into pale pink cremes so it's a bit of a snooze.

Anyway, I'll get a swatch up of Stranger tides on my nails in the exit couple of days because I'm not sure if I'm allowed to steal these images from other people's blogs... I never took i.t. or copyright law at uni so i'm in the dark there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from all my fabulous readers, but please do not link bomb here. If you would like me to check out your blog or other link please email me (PR/Contact tab above) instead. I will endeavour to reply to all questions/comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...