Tuesday 6 September 2011

China Glaze Sugar High - Holy Grail Pink?

Pin It
I finally got my A in to G and bought some of the Up in the Air polishes in a recent Head2Toe haul. Among them was CG Sugar High.
Now I have a bit of trouble with pinks - they don't always get along with my skin-tone. I have a bit of an olivey undertone to my skin cos my mama brought the Maori!
I suit warm tones & so many pinks out there are blue based!!!! So Sugar High is a fantastic pink on me! It's a light-medium pink creme with just a hint of yellow leaning to it!!!!

Here is LOVE AT FIRST SWATCH

3 coats CG Sugar High, indoors, no flash

This was 2 coats, I think, chances are I did 3 (I need to start writing it down). But they went on easily, so it must have been a nice formula not thick or gluggy at all. I think it had that odd water paint feel to it like Peachy Keen & Lemon Fizz, but it wasn't streaky & uneven like I found those ones to be. Love the CG brush now that I'm used to its length & super spread-ability. It dries really shiny! No top coat!!!

I think this is probably a neutral pink and would look good on most people. I know I'll be wearing it lots now it's Spring & for Summer too!
I should have made this my Pink Wednesday post - silly Michaela.

What are your fav pink polishes? I'd love some recommendations on expanding my collection.

2 comments:

  1. Up In The Air collection is incredible!!! Heli-Yum practically applies itself..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Morgan, Heli-Yum is next on my list! I only held off before because I thought I had a near enough dupe, but if it is as wonderful to work with as Grape Pop & High Hopes I'll have to get onto it. Am I the only one who had issues with Lemon Fizz & Peachy Keen?

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from all my fabulous readers, but please do not link bomb here. If you would like me to check out your blog or other link please email me (PR/Contact tab above) instead. I will endeavour to reply to all questions/comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...