Friday 25 November 2011

Color Club BEYOND THE MISTLETOE

Pin It
Is it weird that as soon as the word Mistletoe comes up my mind instantly goes to Camel-toe?

Season Greetings!

I believe our US friends have just enjoyed a Thanksgiving Day feast, jealous much? How come the States get more feast days than Kiwis? I think we should start a movement for a new holiday that involves food. So far we only have Christmas and Easter (if you count gorging on chocolate, which I do!). What does everyone think of Kiwi Lamb Day 2012? I think it could work...

Anyway moving right along - I got the Color Club Beyond the Camel-toe Mistletoe Collection while I was part way through the 31 Day Challenge, so it took me a long time to get all the swatches done. I have to say while these are some awesome glitters, I'm not entirely enthralled by them. I think I just expected a little more...

This is a bit pic heavy so I've post the rest of the post after the break
All swatches bar one are with top coat & sorry for the lack of clean-up, mostly it's stray glitter & dried SV on my cuticles!!!

This is a bit pic heavy so I've post the rest of the post after the break - click on Read More below the pic

CC Jingle Jangle - sunlight


CC Jingle Jangle -shade
 Jingle Jangle is purple and blue glitter in a clear base. I'm wearing 3 coats and the coverage is ok but there are a few bald spots. I had real trouble with this on my tips. The glitter just doesn't want to go to the edge. I can't remember if I actually tried wrapping them (cos it was only swatches). I used 2 coats of Seche Vite cos it dries really gritty and man is it hungry! I think to keep it smooth you'd need a layer of top coat every day. On my ring finger I have 2 layers of Jingle Jangle over OPI Swimsuit... Nailed It! Doesn't it look so much better with a blue base? I really wish the base was a blue jelly!!! The colour of this is nice - but for a non-holo glitter it's just average.

CC Candy Cane - sunlight

CC Candy Cane -shade
 Candy Cane is the other non-holo glitter in this set. It is a mixture of pink, silver and glowy sort of glitter you see a smidge of every now and then which is predominantly orange, in a clear base. I do wonder if it is actually just very sparse, fine holo glitter - can't be sure. In the photos I'm wearing 3 coats of CC on my index & ring finger. On my middle & pinkie I have 2 coats layered over Color Club Hot Like Lava. These glitters co-ordinate realy well with the Foiled collection FYI! This one is a little more special than JJ but I still wish the base was a pink jelly!!! This was just as gritty so it needed a minimum of 2 coats of SV.

CC Beyond the Mistletoe - lamp

CC Beyond the Mistletoe - indoor natural lighting
 Beyond the Mistletoe is a minty green & silver glitter with tons of holo glitter in a clear base. The holo glitter is so strong and awesome so this is one of my favourites. My index & ring have 3 coats of BTM, while my middle has 2 layers over CC Liquid Mol-ten & my pinkie has 2 coats over CC Lumin-icecence. I can't decide if I like it more over the green or the ice blue. What do you think? This one really reminds me of xmas tinsel!!!! Another top coat eater.

CC Holiday Splendor - lamp

CC Holiday Splendor - lamp
 Holiday Splendor is the only polish in the collection with a coloured base. This has a sea green jelly base with tons of holo & green glitter in it. The formula is a bit nicer on this one as a result too. I can't remember if this was 2 or 3 coats - but it's probably 3. I layered 2 coats over CC Liquid Mol-ten on my ring finger. This bares a striking resemblance to CC Untamed Luxury. The only difference is this one is more holo and about a shade or two darker than UT. I really like it. Can you see why I wish the others had coloured bases now?!

CC Sugarplum Fairy - sunlight

CC Sugarplum Fairy - sunlight

CC Sugarplum Fairy - artificial lighting
 I've showed you Sugarplum Fairy before. It is a mix of pale lavender, silver & holo glitter in a clear base. It is gorgeous! In these photos I wasn't wearing top coat though so it doesn't look quite as nice as it ought to. The holo is just as strong as in BTM. It is 3 coats as well & though the tips aren't perfect they look alright.

CC Gingerbread - sunlight

CC Gingerbread - lamp

CC Gingerbread - lamp
Gingerbread looked like a boring gold glitter in the promo shots so I almost didn't get it. The urge to have the complete set overcame me though, and I'm so glad because this is one of my favourites. Gingerbread is a mix of gold & holo glitter and what looks to me like some pink glitter. I'm wearing 3 coats on my index and middle fingers & 2 coats layered over Orly Shine on my ring & pinkie. This one isn't nearly as holographic as BTM & SF but still very noticeable. It is certainly my new fav gold glitter.

So to sum up these are pretty & the holo ones are very blingy. I just wish they were all in tinted jelly bases. The clear ones dry way too gritty for my liking and the non-holos are a bit boring. I'm sure I'll wear most of them - just not by themselves.

What do you think? Will you be getting any?

2 comments:

  1. Oooo I didn't pick up this shade from the collection, but seeing how gorgeous it looks on you, I just may need to grab it!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from all my fabulous readers, but please do not link bomb here. If you would like me to check out your blog or other link please email me (PR/Contact tab above) instead. I will endeavour to reply to all questions/comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...