Thursday 10 November 2011

There's a SINNER in us all...

Pin It
Guten Arbend all,

I bought 3 of the BB Couture Sinfully Polished Collection polishes a little while ago and I can't wait any longer to show you these gems!
Don't forget to click on the photos to enlarge.


sunlight

sunlight

Gluttony (Girl's) - one sin I'm woefully guilty of :( But the polish is just beautiful! A lilac pink that is almost a jelly with fine shimmery/sparkly particles. I'm seriously in love - my prettiest pink! It was pretty thin in consistency and took 3 coats, but it built nicely and applied well. I only have cuticle drag because I gave almost zero dry time in between coats. I think this would be gorgeous in spring and summer.


sunlight

sunlight

shade

 Jealousy (Men's) - is really hard to categorize. It appears to be a dark grey base with a strong pinky/purple/brown shimmer and the same flaky glitter as Gluttony (wish I knew what they called that kind of glitter darn it - anyone know?) and some greenish micro glitter. It's complex and unusual and I love it! This was more of a 2 coater, but I did thin layers so I ended up with 3 coats. Can't remember the formula being troublesome so I think it was good...


sunlight

sunlight
 
shade


Lazy Bum (Men's) - Is even harder to describe than Jealousy! It actually has a lot in common with Romeo from the Infamous Lovers Collection, It's just browner & less pink. Overall Beauty calls it a tan blush. I think if it as a rusty/red sort of pinky brown? It's just too hard! I'll leave you to decide - but the pics are pretty colour accurate - you can see a tinge more red/orange IRL, maybe. This has sneaky sparse red and black micro glitter in it and that same amaze-balls flaky glitter (that is sort of silver/white) like the other two above. This is my official favourite. It's just so different and the finish is idyllic. If memory serves this was also 3 thin coats.

I love all 3 BB's - I wish they were a little cheaper so I could buy way more! Just a note on the formula & brush etc because BB is a new brand to me:
BB's are rather thin in consistency and take around 3 coats to build to bottle colour/opacity.
They take a bit longer to dry than I'm used to - but the dry time isn't unreasonable. I use a quick dry top coat so it's not really a problem except in between coats.
The brushes are long, thin and narrow - again, not a problem, I just had to adjust my application technique because I get used to the flat, thick, wide OPI ones!
BB Couture is touted as a 4 in 1 formula - Base, Colour, Top Coat & Strengthener - I can't comment on that because I've only swatched them, but they're cruelty free so that makes me happy!

You like?

Night, night
xx
Michaela

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from all my fabulous readers, but please do not link bomb here. If you would like me to check out your blog or other link please email me (PR/Contact tab above) instead. I will endeavour to reply to all questions/comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...