Sunday 30 December 2012

Cults Nails Behind Closed Doors Collection Swatches & Review

Pin It
I haven't been so excited for the release of a Cult collection since the Let's Get Nekkid Collection at the beginning of the year!
Every single polish appealed to me in this collection so I did the pre-order and it was absolutely worth it!

Note: I wore most of these to work over the course of a week and only photographed them once I got home at night - usually after almost 24 hours of wear time - so there are some which appear a wee bit chipped. They got battered around at work some days and I didn't always remember to wrap my tips, oops.


Cult Nails Disciplined
sun

sunlight

sunlight

sun

macro
Disciplined is a delicate sheer grey jelly with blue, purple and pink sparkling glass flecks. The blue flecks make the grey appear to be blue leaning too but it's pretty neutral. This is a buildable semi-sheer (a finish which Maria seems to be especially fond of!) so you need at least 3 coats for full coverage.
I'm in love with it! The shimmer/sparkle is spectacular but not in your face and I adore all things grey.


Cult Nails Bitten
sun

sun

sunlight

shade

macro
 Bitten is a claret with glass fleck shimmer that looks to be either red, pink or purple, depending on the angle/light. It is drop dead gorgeous, super sexy!!!! You only need 2 coats, but I applied 3 because I fudged a couple of nails and needed the extra coat to make them all look even. The formula was good, but beware that the polish gets darker with each coat so try to use the same amount of polish on each nail or they'll appear uneven. I quite like that I can wear Bitten dark or light!


 Cult Nails Afterglow
sunlight

sunlight

macro
 Afterglow has a lot going on! It's a bronze shimmer with an almost duochrome berry coloured shift with gold to pink glass fleck shimmer. Another beauty and quite different from any other polish I own! The formula is great, covers in 2 easy to apply coats.


Cult Nails Coveted
sun

sun

sun

macro
 Coveted is a beautiful forest green shimmer with silver foil flakes. It's the only polish I was worried about. In some of the swatches I saw, the silver flakes just looked out of place, unnecessary. However I ended up coveting Coveted myself! The micro shimmer in the semi-translucent base is spectacular and it manages to be a rich yet dark green without looking blackish at all. The foil flakes are pretty great too, but they are rather thick and sharp so you may need to fiddle with them so that they lay flat to the nail or they'll scratch you!!! I applied 2 coats and only had an issue with the silver flakes on my ring finger.


Cult Nails Flushed
overcast

overcast

lamp

macro
Flushed is possibly the star of  a stellar collection. A purple with a heavy pink shimmer in the style of shimmer in  Takko Lacquer Kiss The Sky. It applies like butter in 2 coats and is just stunning! Probably backup worthy!


It is rare for me to find a single nail polish collection wherein every single shade is a keeper. And in Behind Closed Doors not only is every shade a keeper, but absolutely gorgeous and unique too!

1 comment:

I love hearing from all my fabulous readers, but please do not link bomb here. If you would like me to check out your blog or other link please email me (PR/Contact tab above) instead. I will endeavour to reply to all questions/comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...