Sunday 24 February 2013

Candy Lacquer LE Valentine's Day Polish Swatches

Pin It

I did it guys! I worked really hard over the last couple of days to get my Candy Lacquers swatched. You have no idea how hard it was to remove each one! I wanted to leave them on for weeks!!!!
But I wanted to show you them sooner rather than later, because a few of her LE V-day polishes are still in stock (though I don't think any of the ones I purchased are, sorry!).

This post is photo heavy so click the Read More button to see the swatches and review

Are you ready to be blown away by heart glitter?!



Candy Lacquer Cold Hearted over Dollish Polish A Bad Case of Blue Balls




Cold Hearted is a matte white glitter mix including hexes, squares in hearts as well as some very fine shredded glitter flakes. I love that some of the glitter is opaque and the rest is semi-translucent, because it looks like snow and ice - it's the perfect look for a polish named Cold Hearted!!!
CH had the best formula and application of all 4, the glitter wasn't too concentrated so I could apply it like a normal polish and my nail wasn't swamped in glitter after 1 coat. This was 1 coat of CH with 1 coat Gelous & 1 coat Seche Vite.


Candy Lacquer Garden of Love over Essie Splash of Grenadine




Garden of Love is a mix of chartreuse and silvery green multi-sized hex glitter with flowers, hearts and butterflies in various shades (the flowers are matte). It is stuffed with glitter!! You're seeing 1 coat!!! I didn't really dab the polish, I sort of applied it onto the nail like normal and then mucked around placing some of the shapes if they landed in odd places. I didn't manage to get any of the butterflies on my nails (they are holo too) but that made sense. In real gardens it's pretty hard to capture a butterfly too!!! I think a few got on my brush but they dropped off the end with the excess polish (because they're heavier than other glitters) before I could pull the brush out of the bottle! I used 2 layers of Gelous and 1 of Seche Vite for this bumpy sucker!!!


Candy Lacquer Candy Kisses over China Glaze Urban Night




Candy Kisses was the one V-Day glitter I had to have!! A mix of red holo hearts, pink ad red circles, purply-pink and red small hexes, red squares and berry pink shredded glitter in a clear base. It's just WOW! This one is pretty packed with glitter too, again you're seeing one coat. I applied it like GoL and used 1 coat of Gelous and 2 of Seche Vite to make it as smooth and shiny as possible. I love it over the plum purple base too!


Candy Lacquer Rubies & Hearts over OPI Germanicure by OPI




Rubies & Hearts is a red holo glitter dream!! It's got medium and fine red holo hexes and holo red hearts in a clear base. The glitter just glows 24/7!!!!!!!! It's a packed glitter too, but there aren't so many different kinds of glitter in it so it is easier to wear in my opinion. Germanicure by OPI was the perfect base - it's a rusty brown with strong orange/red shimmer which compliments the red glitter. It kind of looks like a heart shaped V-Day chocolate box on my nails! I used 1 coat of Gelous and 1 of Seche Vite to smooth it out.


Have you died and gone to glitter heaven yet?!
I also got Sugar Skulls at the same time, but I'll post it separately since it's not a V-Day polish. It's got hearts in it too though! I think these 4 glitters have solidified Candy Lacquer as my favourite chunky glitter brand. It'd take something unimaginable to knock them CL off the pedestal I have built for them in my heart!!!!


Candy Lacquer is available HERE and they have some special Paddy's Day polishes listed plus heaps of other amazing and bright glitters. You NEED some stat!


xxx
NPA

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I want all of them! I

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty but those polishes are too expensive for my taste but you rocked them!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from all my fabulous readers, but please do not link bomb here. If you would like me to check out your blog or other link please email me (PR/Contact tab above) instead. I will endeavour to reply to all questions/comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...