Monday 25 March 2013

First attempt at roses with China Glaze Mimosas Before Manis

Pin It
So I tried another new to me nail art technique last week. Though it was pretty bad looking up close, from a distance (and to the lay/muggle eye) they looked pretty fantastic!!!

Since everyone has been posting swatches of the China Glaze Avant Garden Collection, I wanted to do something a little different by posting some nail art using each polish separately.


China Glaze Mimosas Before Manis with roses, stripes and polka dots




 First off, Mimosas Before Manis is pinkier in person, my camera just hates these types of corals. I love the bright pink/orange coral with subtle shimmer but the formula is not the greatest. I thinned it a little which helped to reduce the uneven streaks, but I used 3 coats to get it looking even. The coverage was also a bit of a problem. I often find these sorts of formulas are opaque and yet you end up with VNL after two coats still. I still think MBM is worth the extra effort though.

I painted the stripes and dots with OPI Alpine Snow using a striper brush and dotting tool, respectively. Then I used my dotting tool to make blobs of purple for the roses and acrylic white and green paint with a detail brush to make the rose swirls and leaves.

I definitely have to work on the control of the brush and steadiness of my hand, but all in all it's an impressive first try in my book!!

And here is three coats of MBM with one layer of Seche Vite:

China Glaze Mimosas Before Manis
Aaaaahhhh, how I love my subtle shimmers!!!!

The posts from today until Wednesday have been scheduled because I'm away at camp; handling cows, horses and chickens, Oh My!!!

Which Avant Garden lacquers did you snag??


xxx
NPA

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty and spring appropriate. I am loving this color. I think your flowers look great. Nice job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh that is really pretty! I love the roses and the different patterns together. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you're still trying new things! I love this mani! I have yet to try flowers- my one dot flower fail has stopped me from trying again!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from all my fabulous readers, but please do not link bomb here. If you would like me to check out your blog or other link please email me (PR/Contact tab above) instead. I will endeavour to reply to all questions/comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...